Derrick Adams Hosts Students in Brooklyn Studio Visit

This month, students from Tiffany Atrium community partner Free Arts NYC, a nonprofit that empowers youth from underserved communities through art and mentoring programs, joined artist and Tiffany Atrium collaborator Derrick Adams at his Brooklyn-based studio. 

“Initiatives like Tiffany Atrium and Free Arts NYC make it so that a career in the arts is an attainable goal for young people in this city. I think having them come to my studio and see what their creativity can manifest is really important!” said Adams.

As part of the Tiffany Atrium and Free Arts NYC goal to create access to art and design while exposing youth to creative careers, Derrick provided students with an exclusive tour.

Free Arts NYC student Rhesa shared, “The studio visit gave me motivation. Seeing as Derrick is passionate about his work and what he puts out into the world, I felt a deeper sense to continue to immerse myself within things that inspire me to make art, whether that be image sourcing or going on walks in my neighbourhood.” 

Another student, River, said, “It was great being able to see Derrick’s large studio and see his paintings in progress. I learned that it is possible to be a visual artist and have the means to comfortably create your art.”

Tiffany & Co. is proud to build connections with artists and organisations to foster creativity, education and community for our youth.